Caring for Pain Symptoms
Ways to Help Prevent Colds and Flus
Colds and flu are brought on by viruses. The best way to avoid these viruses is to prevent your family from coming into contact with them in the first place, and from spreading them to each other.
The best remedies for colds and flu are to teach your children some good habits to prevent viruses:
- Eat healthily and take exercise.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Cover the mouth when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Always wash your hands in warm water and soap before preparing food and before eating, and after going to the toilet, handling pets or handling garbage. (When you’re out with the family and a bathroom isn’t close by, a hand sanitizer will do the trick.)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Use separate towels, separate drinking cups and utensils when someone in the family is sick.